Please check the individual site of your local arena/rink to learn more about leisure skate programs offered at that facility, as well as specific program information.
- Public Skate (all ages); Skating time for children, youth, adults and older adults.
- Parent/Caregiver & Tot Skate (adults & children under 6 yrs); Parents/caregiver and children skate together and practice skating skills in an enjoyable slower paced environment.
- Family Skate (children & youth under 19); A program for families who want to skate together (an adult must accompany). This is an ideal program for children and youth who are learning to skate and need to skate in a slower pace environment or with the assistance of an adult.
- Youth/Teen Skate (13-18 yrs); skating time for youth aged 13 to 18.
- Adult Skate (19 yrs+); skating time for adults 19 years and up.
- Older Adult Skate (60 yrs+); skating time for older adults.
- Figure Skating (all ages); open ice for figure skaters to practice their routines with coaches.
- Shinny Hockey (Time is scheduled by a variety of ages or gender); Every shinny hockey game is a little bit different. The general rules are that the puck stays on the ice, there are no goalies and no body contact. Bring a CSA approved hockey helmet, gloves, stick, and a puck, and join a pick-up game near you.
- Pick-up Hockey; Pick up hockey differs from shinny hockey as players wear full equipment. The puck may be raised and goalies are invited to play; however body contact is still prohibited.
Drop-in Skating Fees
- Leisure Skating Fees
- Public Skate.....................................FREE for all ages
- Supervised Adult Only Skate............ $3.50 indoor supervised arenas, FREE at outdoor rinks
- Family Skate.....................................FREE for all ages
Note: When older adults attend adult only skate programs, they pay half the fee. Shinny hockey is free at all outdoor rinks.