Outdoor Mural & Street Art Program
Business associations and community groups with strong business participation can receive one-time funding for outdoor mural projects that help promote a local theme and facilitate commercial or industrial neighbourhood identity. The mural program helps local businesses and communities create an attractive and positive identity for their area.
- Contribute to community and business pride
- Promote a unique community theme
- Leverage partnerships (business contributions, funding, in-kind services, and volunteer resources are encouraged)
- Attract customers to commercial or industrial areas
- Provide benefits to the community, in terms of economic development, community development, youth and local arts involvement, among others
- Involve and encourage business, residents and other community representatives to participate in the project
- One-time funding is available up to $5,000 for murals in commercial or employment districts.
- Eligible expenses for murals include artist fees, materials, installation and equipment rental.
- Maintenance of the murals is the responsibility of the applicant.
- Business Improvement Areas (BIAs), business associations and community groups that include strong business participation are eligible.
- Successful projects have good exposure, are visible from a public road, have the support of local businesses, build community partnerships (financial and in-kind donations), undertake public consultation, and select artists through an open process.
To find out if you are eligible, contact:
Applications should describe:
- Community benefits
- Selection of artists