Outdoor Mural & Street Art Program
What is the mural program?
Business associations and community groups with strong business participation can receive one-time funding for outdoor mural projects that help promote a local theme and facilitate commercial or industrial neighbourhood identity. The mural program helps local businesses and communities create an attractive and positive identity for their area.
What are the benefits?
Successful projects can:
- contribute to community and business pride
- promote a unique community theme
- leverage partnerships (business contributions, funding, in-kind services, and volunteer resources are encouraged)
- attract customers to commercial or industrial areas
- provide benefits to the community, in terms of economic development, community development, youth and local arts involvement, among others
- involve and encourage business, residents and other community representatives to participate in the project
How is funding calculated?
One-time funding is available up to $5,000 for murals in commercial or employment districts. Eligible expenses for murals include artist fees, materials, installation and equipment rental. Maintenance of the murals is the responsibility of the applicant.
Who is eligible?
Business Improvement Areas, business associations and community groups that include strong business participation are eligible. Successful projects have good exposure, are visible from a public road, have the support of local businesses, build community partnerships (financial and in-kind donations), undertake public consultation and select artists through an open process.
How do I apply?
To find out if you are eligible, contact Michael Saunders at 416-392-1005 or email Michael.Saunders@toronto.ca.
Applications should describe:
- community benefits
- selection of artists