Protecting your privacy is top priority for the City of Toronto. You are seeing this alert because your web browser needs to be updated to access content on toronto.ca. You will need to download and install a more recent version of your web browser to use our website.
Download PDF map to see the locations and boundaries of Toronto’s 83 Business Improvement Areas.
BIA Facts & Figures
- The world’s first BIA was started in Toronto in 1970. Since then, this innovative public-private business partnership model has been copied internationally. Toronto continues to have the largest number of BIAs of any urban centre in the world, with 83 BIAs in 32 Wards.
- BIA members employ more than 400,000 people in full-time and part-time positions.
- BIAs represent over $56B in Commercial/Industrial Property Assessment and account for 48% of the taxes collected on commercial and industrial properties in the City of Toronto.
- Over 7.4 million people attend the more than 160 community events and street festivals supported and produced by BIAs throughout the year.
- For every public dollar the City invests in BIAs, $30 in private sector funding for marketing, promotion, festivals and neighbourhood beautification projects is generated.