City Initiatives for Aboriginal Residents
The Aboriginal Advisory and Planning Committee in the Children’s Services Division is responsible for constructing an Indigenous integrated service model based on the needs of Aboriginal children (birth to 12 years old) and families in the City of Toronto that truly reflects cultural, linguistic, political and historical integrity.
Toronto Public Health in partnership with Anisnawbe Health and Toronto Central Local Health Integration Network provide services to aboriginal residents in the City.
Aboriginal Health Advisory Circle
- Improved health for the community and increasing community self-determination in health service planning
- Creating a more respectful, culturally appropriate public health outreach and service delivery.
- Aboriginal health community of practice
- Native Housing Program in Partnership with Native Women’s Resource Centre
- Aboriginal Housing Support Centre in partnership with Wigwamen Incorporation