The Skateboard Strategy provides tools and recommendations to the Parks and Recreation Facilities Master Plan for guiding future investment in skateboarding infrastructure.
The Skateboard Strategy provides recommendations in three core areas.
- guide capital planning, design and construction of skateparks
- assess the need for indoor skateboard facilities
- explore ways to use existing facilities for skateboarding
- consider upgrading amenities for skateparks during park state-of-good-repair audits
- develop a program model for City-run skateboarding programs
- work with the Toronto Skateboarding Committee to support youth in civic and community engagement and leadership
- work with partners to integrate street art into existing and new skateparks using a youth engagement approach
Promotion & Marketing
- use social media and other channels to increase visibility of skateboard parks and programming
- create partnerships to explore opportunities for skateboard events
- promote Toronto as a skateboarding destination
- explore a pilot project to allow permitting of a limited number of skateparks