Letters of Greeting
Protecting your privacy is top priority for the City of Toronto. You are seeing this alert because your web browser needs to be updated to access content on toronto.ca. You will need to download and install a more recent version of your web browser to use our website.
Letters of greeting from the Mayor, for printed programs or display purposes, are issued to groups, institutions, organizations or businesses located or hosting events in Toronto. The event or the organization hosting the event must contribute to the economic, social and cultural fabric of the City of Toronto.
Please review the criteria below and submit your greeting request using our online request form.
- Requests must be submitted on an organization’s letterhead
- Requests must be submitted at least four weeks in advance of the print or event deadline
- Letters of greeting are issued at the discretion of the City of Toronto.
- Organization details
- Event details
- Event date
- Print deadline date
- Contact information
- Website address
- Conventions, trade shows, festivals
- City-wide sports tournaments
- Cultural celebrations
- Charity fundraising galas/events
- Significant awards programs
Letters will not be issued for:
- matters of political controversy, ideological or religious beliefs, or individual conviction
- events or organizations that do not contribute to economic, social and cultural fabric of the City of Toronto
- anything that contravenes City policies or bylaws