The City is improving the playground in Stan Wadlow Park. These improvements are part of an ongoing city-wide program to ensure playgrounds provide safe and accessible fun for many years to come!
- Fall 2022: Community engagement (online survey)
- Summer 2022 to Spring 2023: Detailed design and hire a construction team
- Summer/Fall 2023: Construction starts
- Winter 2023: Construction complete, playground reopens
The timeline is subject to change.
An online survey will be posted on this page in October. The survey will ask for your feedback and preferences on multiple playground options. The design team will use the community feedback collected in this survey to develop a single playground design.
The results of the survey will also be posted on this page.
Sign Up for Updates
Sign Up Now
Sign up for updates related to the Stan Wadlow Playground Improvements or unsubscribe from the mailing list.
About the Project
Stan Wadlow Park Playground is located at the centre of Stan Wadlow Park, east of the Stan Wadlow Club House.
The playground currently includes:
- Four swing sets with:
- Four swings for ages 18 months to five
- Four swings for ages five and up
- A double slide for ages 18 months to five
- A single slide for ages five and up
- A junior climbing structure
- A senior climbing structure
- An accessible ramp with access to three platforms
- Sand under all play areas
The playground will be redesigned using feedback from the community. The redesigned playground is proposed to include:
- Playground equipment for ages 18 months and up
- Additional seating and shade
- Engineered wood fibre playground surfacing
- Accessible play equipment and an accessible pathway connecting to the playground area. This means that people of all abilities will be able to play at this playground.
- Other play components and features will be determined through the community engagement process
Improvements will only be made in the general playground area. This will not include any new water or lighting features or improvements to other areas of the park.