The City is improving the playground in Wychwood Barns Park. These improvements are part of an ongoing city-wide program to ensure playgrounds provide safe and accessible fun for many years to come!
- July 2022 to Winter 2023: Design and hire a construction team
- Fall 2022: Community engagement (online survey)
- Spring 2023: Construction starts
- Summer 2023: Construction complete, playground reopens
The timeline is subject to change.
Sign Up for Updates
Sign Up Now
Sign up for updates related to the Wychwood Barns Park Playground Improvements or unsubscribe from the mailing list.
From November 9 to November 23, 2022, an online survey was available. The survey asked for community feedback on the existing playground and preferences for the new playground equipment and features. The design team will use this feedback to help develop a plan for the playground improvements.
About the Project
Wychwood Barns Park Playground is located at 76 Wychwood Ave., southeast of Benson Avenue and Christie Street, just east of the Community Building.
The playground currently includes:
- One swing sets with:
- Two swings for ages two to five
- Four swings for ages five and up
- A medium-sized slide climbing structure and small slide
- Two teeter-totters and stepping stools
- Sand under all play areas
The playground will be redesigned using feedback from the community. The redesigned playground is proposed to include:
- Playground equipment for ages two to five and five and up
- Additional seating
- Engineered wood fibre playground surfacing
- Accessible play equipment and an accessible pathway connecting to the playground area. This means that people of all abilities will be able to play at this playground.
Improvements will only be made in the general playground area. This will not include any new water or lighting features or improvements to other areas of the park.