The City is improving the playground in Heathrow Park. These improvements are part of an ongoing city-wide program to ensure playgrounds provide safe and accessible fun for many years to come!
- January 2023: Community engagement (online survey)
- January to May 2023: Detailed design and hire a construction team
- Fall 2023: Construction starts
- Winter 2023: Construction complete, playground reopens
The timeline is subject to change.
An online survey will be posted on this page in December. The survey will ask for your feedback and preferences on multiple playground options. The design team will use the community feedback collected in this survey to develop a single playground design.
The results of the survey will also be posted on this page.
Sign Up for Updates
Sign Up Now
Sign up for project updates related to the Heathrow Park Playground Improvements or unsubscribe from the mailing list.
About the Project
Heathrow Park Playground is located at 69 Heathrow Rd., near Jane Street in North York.
The playground currently includes:
- One swing set with:
- Two swings for ages two to five
- Two swings for ages five and up
- A ship-themed junior climbing structure (ages two to five) with two slides
- Sand under all play areas
The playground will be redesigned using feedback from the community. The existing junior play structure will remain at the playground as-is. The redesigned playground is proposed to include:
- New senior playground equipment for ages five to 12
- Additional seating
- Engineered wood fibre playground surfacing
- Accessible play equipment and an accessible pathway connecting to the playground area. This means that people of all abilities will be able to play at this playground.
Improvements will only be made in the general playground area. This will not include any new water or lighting features or improvements to other areas of the park.