The City is improving the playground in Scarden Park. These improvements are part of an ongoing city-wide program to ensure playgrounds provide safe and accessible fun for many years to come.
- Fall 2023: Community engagement (online survey)
- October 2023 to March 2024: Detailed design and hire a construction team
- Late Summer 2024: Construction starts
- Late Fall 2024: Construction complete, playground reopens
The timeline is subject to change.
An online survey will be posted on this page in fall. The survey will ask for your feedback and preferences on multiple playground options. The design team will use the community feedback collected in this survey to develop a single playground design.
The results of the survey will also be posted on this page.
Sign Up for Updates
Sign Up Now
Sign up for updates related to the Scarden Park Playground Improvements or unsubscribe from the mailing list.
About the Project
Scarden Park is located south-east of the intersection of Warden Avenue and Cass Avenue. The playground is located at the south-west side of the park.
The playground currently includes:
- One swing set with:
- One swing for ages two to five
- One swing for ages five and up
- A climbing structure with three play panels, five climbing options, and one spiral slide
- One spring toy
- Sand under all play areas
The playground will be redesigned using feedback from the community. The redesigned playground is proposed to include:
- Playground equipment for ages two to 12
- Upgraded seating
- Engineered wood fibre playground surfacing
- Accessible play equipment and an accessible ramp into the playground area. This means that people of all abilities will be able to play at this playground.
Improvements will only be made in the general playground area. This will not include any new water or lighting features or improvements to other areas of the park.