The City is improving the playground in Tichester Park. These improvements are part of an ongoing city-wide program to ensure playgrounds provide safe and accessible fun for many years to come!
- Summer/Fall 2023: Community engagement (online survey)
- Winter 2023/2024: Detailed design and hire a construction team
- Fall 2024: Construction starts
- Fall 2024: Construction complete, playground reopens
The timeline is subject to change.
An online survey will be posted on this page in late summer or early fall. The survey will ask for your feedback and preferences on multiple playground options. The design team will use the community feedback collected in this survey to develop a single playground design.
The results of the survey will also be posted on this page.
Sign Up for Updates
Sign Up Now
Sign up for project updates related to the Tichester Park Playground Improvements or unsubscribe from the mailing list.
About the Project
Tichester Park Playground is located at 27 Tichester Rd., north of St. Clair Avenue West, just east of Bathurst Street.
The playground currently includes:
- One swing set with:
- Two swings for ages two to five
- Four swings for ages five and up
- A combined junior and senior play structure with one medium wavy slide, one medium curved slide, and one small double slide
- Sand under all play areas
The playground will be redesigned using feedback from the community. The redesigned playground is proposed to include:
- Playground equipment for ages two to 12
- New seating
- Engineered wood fibre playground surfacing
- Accessible play equipment and renovated, accessible pathways connecting to the playground area. This means that people of all abilities will be able to play at this playground.
Improvements will only be made in the general playground area. This will not include any new water features or improvements to other areas of the park.