Wallace Emerson Park and Community Centre
While this project design is in development, there will be opportunities to offer feedback through open houses, working group meetings, site walks, pop-ups and focus groups found on the Reimagine Galleria project page. Visit the information kiosk at the Galleria Mall for more ways to provide feedback and to keep up-to-date with the entire project.
The design of the park, community centre and child care facility will:
- Focus on the experiences, activities, and memories made at the park and the centre
- Cultivate community identity
- Integrate clear entrances and exits to, from and around the park and community centre
- Accommodate the ways people access the park, like driving and cycling
- Identify the future needs of the community
- Meet the needs of children and families.
Future dates are subject to change.
- Phase 1 – Confirm Design and Consultation Process: Mid-February 2018 to March 31, 2018
- Phase 2 – Initial Concept Directions and Program Development: April 2018
- Phase 3 – Community Consultation and Design: April 2018 to early November 2018
- Phase 4 – Conceptual Design: May 2018 to August 31, 2018
- Phase 5 – Develop Detailed Design: September 2018 to November 30, 2018
- Phase 6 – Site Plan Approval: December 2018 to start of construction.
- Phase 7 – Construction Start: Expected to begin in late 2019.