The City of Toronto is reviewing property standards and building maintenance and wants to hear from you! Attend a public consultation on July 24 to share your feedback and areas for improvement.
Residents can complain about dust when:
- dust leaves a residential property (excluding multi-residential) and enters another premises;
- dust is created as a result of residential construction activities; and,
- a person (including a homeowner or company) failed to use one or a combination of the following dust control measures:
- wetting the construction material;
- using a wet saw;
- using dustless saw technology;
- tarping or otherwise containing the source of dust;
- installing wind fencing or a fence filter; or
- using a vacuum attachment when cutting.
If you have a concern about dust from residential construction, please contact 311.