Litter & Garbage
Report littering and illegal dumping of garbage in parks and public or private property. To report an issue, contact 311.
What is Illegal Dumping of Garbage?
Illegal dumping refers to depositing the following items onto public or private property without the owner’s consent:
- bags (including grocery bags)
- large quantities of garbage
- furniture, couches, appliances
My Garbage Bin is Full. Can I Put my Garbage in a Park Garbage Container?
- No. You cannot put your personal garbage in a parks garbage bin.
- If you have more garbage than will fit in your bin, you can leave extra garbage bags beside your garbage container for collection, as long as a City-issued tag is attached.
What is the Fine for Illegal Dumping?
The fine is $365, as per Littering and Dumping By-law.