Litter & Garbage
Report littering and illegal dumping of garbage in parks and public or private property. To report an issue, contact 311.
Illegal dumping refers to depositing the following items onto public or private property without the owner’s consent:
- bags (including grocery bags)
- large quantities of garbage
- furniture, couches, appliances
- No. You cannot put your personal garbage in a parks garbage bin.
- If you have more garbage than will fit in your bin, you can leave extra garbage bags beside your garbage container for collection, as long as a City-issued tag is attached.
The fine is $365, as per Littering and Dumping By-law.