All dogs and cats owned in Toronto must be licensed and wear a tag. The licence must be renewed every year.
Why License Your Pet
- Pet licences assist in the fast and safe return of your pet if it gets lost.
- A licence is immediately visible to anyone who finds your pet and shows that your pet belongs to someone.
- Your pet is returned home faster and/or spends less time in the shelter.
- If your pet is lost or involved in an emergency situation, the licence provides information needed to contact you.
What You Will Need
To register online you will need the following:
- a credit card
- the name address and phone number of your veterinary clinic
- for renewals – the renewal notice or the 10 code number (e.g.:D06-000127)