The SNYP mobile clinic program or the SNYP Truck provides spay and neuter services for dog and cat owners in low income households, who may not be able to afford traditional veterinarians. Residents who show proof of household income of less than $50,000 will qualify for subsidized or waived fees.
You must have current City of Toronto dog or cat licence to use the SNYP Truck services.
View the SNYP Truck dates and locations. To book an appointment, call 416-338-6281 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Read the post-operative instructions for spay or neuter surgery.
- Male cat: $56.50
- Female cat: $79.10
- Male dog: $90.40
- Female dog: $146.90
- It is not safe for dogs larger than 30 pounds to be spayed or neutered at the SNYP Truck as there is not enough room to move a large dog under anesthetic.
- If an owner needs help with a large dog, we will try to accommodate the dog at our stationary clinics or refer them to another clinic.
- The SNYP Truck does not have an indoor waiting area for owners and pets.
- We do not sterilize purebred or exotic breeds due to additional medical precautions which may be needed.
- Pets should be 5 months to 5 years of age to be considered for surgery at the SNYP truck
- In the winter, clients who don’t have transportation to and from the SNYP Truck can only book small dogs or cats that can be carried by owners or in a carrier. The animal needs to be kept warm after surgery, so it is not advisable to walk home.