Preschool Speech & Language Program
Register for a speech and language assessment for a child who was born in 2014 before the August 31, 2018 deadline. OHIP is not required.
Preschool Speech and Language Program provides help for children with speech and language concerns at no cost. Our services are available to children from birth to when they start junior kindergarten (JK).
We work with parents and caregivers to improve children’s communication skills. Our main goal is to help every child be the best communicator they can be.
Assessment of all communication skills from birth to JK entry
Consultation with parents, caregivers, licensed childcare and other professionals
Monitoring emerging skills
Home programs for caregivers
- Parent and caregiver education with training and coaching classes in the community
Small group therapy with children and parents
Individual therapy with child and parents
Supported transition to school
Who can Receive these Services?
- Live in the City of Toronto with postal codes starting with the “M” only (example: M3B XXX)
- Families of children from birth to JK entry
- All families who are concerned about their child’s speech and/or language development
- If your child is attending school and needs a speech and language assessment, you should speak to your child’s teacher or the school principal. There are speech language pathologists who consult to TDSB and TCDSB schools