Expression of Interest to Operate Early Years Programs
The City undertakes an Expression of Interest (EOI) process to select an operator for a newly built or renovated child care centre or an EarlyON Child and Family Centre. We look for not-for-profit organizations who are committed to providing accessible, equitable, high quality services that welcome all families and are responsive to local community needs.
Currently there are two active Expressions of Interest to operate a child care:
- Child Care Centre at Avani – application deadline Tuesday November 12, 2019
- Lillian Park Child Care Centre – application deadline Tuesday October 15, 2019
Upcoming and Completed Expressions of Interest (EOI) to Operate Child Care Centres and EarlyON Child and Family Centres
The following list shows completed and upcoming EOIs.
|Name||Address||Expression of Interest deadline||Expected opening date||Infant spaces||Toddler spaces||Preschool spaces||Selected operator||Ward|
|Avani – Metrogate||275 Village Green Sq||November 12||2020||10||20||32||Not yet available||22|
|Lillian Park Child Care Centre||45 Dunfield Ave||October 15||2020||10||10||32||Not yet available||12|
|Canoe Landing||20 Brunel Court||Completed||2019||10||10||32||St. Stephen’s Community House||10|
|Sheppard Centre||30 Sheppard Ave East||Completed||2019||10||20||32||St. Stephens||18|
|Advent||555 Finch Ave W||Completed||2018||10||15||24||Northview Heights||6|
|Bendale Acres||2020 Lawrence Ave E||Completed||2018||10||15||24||Network Child Care||21|
|Lansing||49 Bogert Ave||Completed||Centre Opened 2018||10||20||32||Network Child Care||18|
|Name||Expression of Interest deadline||Expected opening date||Selected operator|
|Indigenous EarlyON Child and Family Centre||July 18, 2019||TBD||Not yet available|
|Centre in northwest Toronto||August 24, 2018||January 1, 2019||Braeburn Neighbourhood Place|
|Centre in northeast Toronto||August 24, 2018||January 1, 2019||Agincourt Community Services Association (ACSA)|
|LGBTQ2S mobile program||August 24, 2018||January 1, 2019||The 519|
The Expression of Interest process consists of three stages.
Stage 1: Organizations must submit their complete EOI packages by the deadline
Stage 2: The City will evaluate the submitted EOI package for completeness and will be scored on their submission.
Stage 3: Organizations that are successful in Stage 2 will be invited to a Review Panel Interview.
Transparency, Fairness, Accessibility, Equity, High-Quality
The City is committed to a transparent and fair EOI process.
All EOI submissions will be evaluated based on an organization’s proven ability to provide accessible, equitable and high-quality services to Toronto families and children.
- A brief overview of the history and mandate of the organization
- Copy of the Articles of Incorporation/Letters Patent
- Declaration of Not-for-Profit Compliance with seal/notarized (Public Institutions will submit documentation to support the public institution status)
- List of Current Board of Directors with Contact Information and a letter stating that their application is approved by the Board
- Agency by-laws
- Audited Financial Statement for the most recent fiscal year end and copy of any Management Letter issued by the auditor
- Annual General Meeting Minutes for the past fiscal year