Guest Policy Development Tool
Protecting your privacy is top priority for the City of Toronto. You are seeing this alert because your web browser needs to be updated to access content on toronto.ca. You will need to download and install a more recent version of your web browser to use our website.
Developed by the City of Toronto
- Establish a Guest Policy that outlines the rules governing the temporary accommodation of guests in rent geared-to-income units.
- Provide a copy of your Guest Policy to the City of Toronto.
- Provide a copy of your Guest Policy to tenants.
- How long a tenant/member may allow a guest to stay in their unit before they must inform the corporation that they have a guest?
- What must a tenant/member do to inform the corporation that they have a guest living in their unit? Should they phone the property manager, write a letter to the property manager, write a letter to the board of directors, or visit the management office? The City recommends that this communication is always documented.
- If a tenant/member wishes to have a guest stay longer than permitted by your Guest Policy will you allow extensions? If you will, how does a tenant/member apply for an extension? Who is authorized to give an extension? What criteria are used to decide if a tenant/member will get an extension?