Human Resources Policies and Procedures
Protecting your privacy is top priority for the City of Toronto. You are seeing this alert because your web browser needs to be updated to access content on toronto.ca. You will need to download and install a more recent version of your web browser to use our website.
Developed by the City of Toronto
- Are recruited in an open, fair and competitive manner in compliance with requirements set out in City Guideline 2012-1, the former Social Housing Reform Act O. Reg. 339/01, s. 8, the Ontario Human Rights Code and all other applicable legislation.
- Undergo suitable screening.
- Are provided with job descriptions or written expectation.
- Receive appropriate training and orientation.
- Have suitable supervision or support.
- Receive meaningful, regular (at least annual) performance evaluations.
- Have access to fair grievance procedures.
- Are disciplined appropriately when necessary.
- Are provided with written copies of the policies affecting and guiding them.
- Are treated in compliance with provincial human rights, employment standards, freedom of information and protection of privacy, and any other relevant legislation.
How to create human resources policies and procedures
Hours of Work
Regular Performance Reviews
Employee Information & Privacy