The City has implemented a new way to access Rent-Geared-to-Income (RGI) housing in Toronto called the choice-based housing offer process.
With the choice-based housing offer process, applicants that have been invited to participate can:
- View detailed information in their MyAccesstoHousingTO related to available buildings and units, including photos, move-in dates and accessibility features.
- Choose units of interest.
- Make a more informed decision when selecting a unit.
- Sign-up to receive email notifications.
The following groups of applicants have been invited to participate in the choice-based housing offer process:
- Those with an application date December 31, 2015 and earlier.
- Seniors with an application date December 31, 2017 and earlier.
Average Wait Times
The average wait time per unit size is:
|Average chronological applicant time on waitlist*
|Studio – Senior
*Information based on 2022 data
Tips for Finding a Property
- Browse the map and click the icon of a building for more information about that property.
- Zoom in and out of the map to find properties that interest you. The list of properties underneath the map update automatically.
- Search for a specific property by street or development name.
- Reduce the number of results by selecting a variety of Filter Results options.
- Add subway stations, schools or ward outlines using the features box in the bottom right corner of the map.
- View only the list by clicking the Show Map button on or off.
RGI applicants can also express interest in the City’s Commercial Rent Supplement program. The following subsidized units are managed by the City of Toronto.