Client Services & Information Unit
Staff at Client Services & Information Unit provide information on services offered by Toronto Employment & Social Services as well as answer questions about legislation and procedures related to Ontario Works. The unit also responds to inquiries made by the general public, community agencies, and people receiving Ontario Works Assistance.
Client Services & Information Unit staff will:
- address concerns or answer questions about services and Ontario Works benefits
- mediate and assist with communication and resolution between Ontario Works clients and office staff when an issue has not been resolved to the client’s satisfaction at the local office
- handle service and staff conduct compliments, complaints and feedback
- respond to information requests and offer referrals to government and community resources
- deliver presentations to groups and community agencies about the Ontario Works program and services offered by Toronto Employment and Social Services
- handle questions about dental services
- work with Citizenship and Immigration Canada as well as with the provincial Overpayment Recovery Unit on sponsorship default and repayment.
Contacting Client Services & Information Unit
We are located at Metro Hall, 55 John Street, and are open from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday to Friday, with extended hours until 6 on Tuesdays.
You can reach us:
- by phone at 416-338-8888 (select option 3 and then option 7)
- by mail at Toronto Employment and Social Services Client Services & Information Unit, 55 John Street, 11th floor Metro Hall, Toronto Ontario M5V 3C6
- by fax at 416-392-4214, or
- in-person by visiting Metro Hall Employment & Social Services on the main floor of Metro Hall and asking to speak with Client Services & Information Unit staff