Low-income Toronto residents who are not receiving assistance from Ontario Works or Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) may qualify for help from the City of Toronto with energy-related emergencies to reconnect, prevent disconnection or to assist in the payment of energy arrears for hydro, gas or oil services.

To apply for the Emergency Energy Fund, call Neighbourhood Information Post at 647-727-8988 between 9 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday.

Those who receive assistance from Ontario Works or ODSP can speak to their caseworker about program benefits that may cover these types of arrears.