Tax Slips for People Who Receive Ontario Works
The T5007 statement of benefits, or “T5” for short, is a tax slip that the Ministry of Community and Social Services issues to people who have received social assistance. You will receive a T5 in the mail by the end of February if you received social assistance during the previous year.
If you have not received or have lost your Ontario Works T5 slip, call Toronto Employment and Social Services for a replacement at 416-338-8888 on Monday between 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. or Tuesday – Friday between 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. You will need to have your Social Insurance Number available when you call.
Please note that, for T5 replacements, Toronto Employment and Social Services:
- does not issue duplicate slips for amounts less than $500.00
- issues slips in the applicant’s name only
- includes benefits paid such as Special Diet but does not include all benefits
- cannot issue a replacement T5 to you if you are currently receiving assistance in another municipality or from Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP)
- cannot change the amount shown on the original copy of the T5 as it is issued by the Ministry of Community and Social Services
If you need help with your tax return, view a list of free tax clinics in Toronto.
Read more about Ontario Works.