Live Green Toronto Volunteers
Protecting your privacy is top priority for the City of Toronto. You are seeing this alert because your web browser needs to be updated to access content on toronto.ca. You will need to download and install a more recent version of your web browser to use our website.
The Live Green Toronto Volunteer program offers a unique opportunity for people of all ages and backgrounds to get involved in the greening of Toronto, learn about environmental issues, and connect with others with similar interests.
To get your application started and to be notified of our next New Volunteer Information Session, please complete this form.
All over Toronto.
Year-round, on weekdays and weekends.
Hours are flexible, and you can choose which events you want to attend.
The first step is to attend one of our New Volunteer Information Sessions. Sessions are held about three times per year at Metro Hall, 55 John St., Toronto (near St. Andrew subway stop).
The next New Volunteer Information Session will take place in spring/summer.
To receive further details on the next Information Session, please complete this form. You will not receive a response right away – we’ll notify you by email closer to the date of the next session.
As a volunteer, you’ll have an opportunity to spread the live green message to the public at more than 150 events each year — everything from the Royal Winter Fair and Canadian National Exhibition, to the Green Living Show and smaller community-based events across the city.
You’ll receive ongoing training on environmental issues and City programs related to climate change, waste and recycling, energy and water efficiency, urban biodiversity green buildings/development, sustainable transportation, urban agriculture, and more.
- Ongoing training on environmental programs and issues in Toronto.
- Support during outreach activities.
- A graduation certificate when you complete 20 hours of training and 40 hours of outreach.
- Reimbursement for TTC travel when volunteering.
- A Live Green Toronto Volunteer shirt.
- Unique opportunities to raise environmental awareness in your community, network with others and explore Toronto.
- You must live, work or study in the City of Toronto.
- Be at least 14 years of age.
- A keen interest in local environmental issues.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Customer service, conflict resolution, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to speak a language other than English is an asset.