Skip to content
The Truth About Smoking Hookah
- Youth who are first-time smokers are picking up a hookah pipe more often than a cigarette.
- Hookah is not a safe way to smoke tobacco.
- Herbal shisha is not healthier than tobacco shisha.
- Hookah, narghile, goza, hubble, bubble; whatever you call it, if you are smoking shisha, you are smoking.
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health. (2013). Ontario student drug use and health survey. Retrieved April 28, 2015, from Drug Use Among Ontario Students: Detailed OSDUHS Findings 1977-2013
- Hammal, F., Chappell, A., Wild, T.C., Kindsierski, W., Shihadeh, A., Vanderhoek, A., Khanh Huynh, C., Plateel, G., & Finegan, B.A. (2013). ‘Herbal’ but potentially hazardous: an analysis of the constituents and smoke emissions of tobacco-free waterpipe products and the air quality in the cafés where they are served. Tobacco Control , 0:1-18. doi:10.1136/tobaccocontrol-2013-051169
- Non-Smokers’ Rights Association (NSRA). (2012). Waterpipe smoking in Canada: new trend, old tradition. Retrieved April 28, 2015, from Waterpipe Smoking in Canada: New Trend, Old Tradition
- Zhang, B., Haji, F., Kaufman, P., Muir, S., & Ferrence, R. (2013). ‘Enter at your own risk’: a multimethod study of air quality and biological measures in Canadian waterpipe cafes. Tobacco Control , 0:1–7. doi:10.1136/tobaccocontrol-2013-051180