Call 911 if you are in an emergency, immediate danger, or medical distress. For other needs, call 211 to be connected to mental health and other social services.

To close this web page quickly press Alt+F4 or Cmd+Q (Mac). Learn how to remove evidence of your visit to this page.

For some people, home isn’t a safe place due to intimate partner violence as well as child and elder abuse.

If you are in immediate danger, call 911.

Intimate Partner Violence

There are a variety of services available to support people experiencing intimate partner violence. In addition, there are specific services for Indigenous women and French speaking women who are experiencing violence.

For more information:

Elder Abuse

The Seniors Safety Line provides information, referrals, and 24/7 support to seniors suffering abuse, including financial, physical, sexual, mental abuse and neglect. Find out more about elder abuse information and services.

Child Abuse

Find out how to get help and stay safe.

The Kids Help Phone provides children and youth with professional counselling 24/7.

Children experiencing abuse can also call child protection services. There are four agencies in Toronto:

Learn more about substance use during COVID-19 and what you can do to minimize risks to your health:

Toronto Public Health has also developed harm reduction resources for people who use drugs, including Tips for People Who Use Drugs and Harm Reduction during COVID-19.

There is support if you are stressed about having enough food or money, paying rent or bills, or being homeless. The Service & Benefit Finder can give you a personalized list of benefits for housing, living expenses, child care, and employment. Find more information about finance & employment support programs.