280 Wellesley St. E.

Due to the condition of some of the electrical equipment in your building, some floors do not have heat. As the Electrical Safety Authority works to restore power, it is important to be safe and extra cautious when using alternative heating.

Do not use your oven or a propane or other fuel-fired portable heater to heat your home.

Space Heaters

  • Keep portable and space heaters at least one metre (three feet) away from anything combustible including paper, drapes, furniture, bedding, loose clothing and wallpaper.
  • Do not place clothes, blankets or towels on a heater to dry.
  • Unless absolutely necessary, do not keep heaters on when you leave the house or go to bed.
  • Keep children and pets away from heaters.

Candles

  • Always stand candles in stable, non-tip candle holders before you light them.
  • Keep candles away from anything combustible including paper, drapes, furniture, bedding, loose clothing and wallpaper.
  • Never leave candles burning unattended or within reach of pets or small children.
  • Ensure candles are fully extinguished before you leave a room or go to sleep by wetting their wicks.

 Smoke Alarms

  • Check your smoke alarm is working (look for a red light or press a test button).
  • If your smoke alarm is not working, contact your building manager immediately.
  • Call 311 if your building manager does not provide a working smoke alarm.

 Toronto Fire Services is on-site to ensure your safety. Your building owner will provide bottled water, warm drinks and refreshments in the lobby. For updates, contact your building manager:

Wellesley Parliament Square Property Management

416-317-0956

wellesley280@wpsq.ca