A busker or sidewalk performer requires a permit to play music or perform for voluntary donations in the street. Examples of buskers include musicians, singers, jugglers and mimes. Amplified sound is not permitted.


Minimum Age

  • Applicants must be at least 18 years old to obtain a licence
  • Individuals age 16 and 17 can apply but parental/caregiver consent is required

Identification Requirements

One piece of government-issued identification including:

  • Canadian Passport
  • Driver’s Licence
  • Canadian Birth Certificate
  • Citizenship Card
  • Permanent Resident Card
  • SIN Card (Social Insurance Number)
  • Valid Work Permit

Note: We do not accept Health Cards

You can apply for new permits online.

Apply online

Save yourself time and apply online. Please have all required documents ready to upload before starting the application, as it requires 10-15 minutes to complete and cannot be saved. Download a step by step guide on how to submit a new application. Licence application fees can be paid online or by sending a cheque.

Submit Application

If you have already submitted an application you may upload additional documents using your upload token.

Upload Documents for Existing Request


Permit expiry:

  • March 31st every calendar year
  • February 1st grace period for current year

A photo of the applicant must be submitted with all other required application documents. It is essential that the photo provided complies with the Licence Application Photo Requirements.

Failure to do so may result in delayed or rejected applications.

A busker or street performer licence will expire annually on March 30.

A renewal notice, identifying any documents required to renew the permit, will be mailed to the address on file.

The renewal fee is $43.99

Renew Licence

Find your outstanding business licence or permit renewal invoice.

If you fail to renew your licence according to the bylaw, your licence will be cancelled, and you will have to reapply.

Renewal Forms