School Boards and City Divisions, Agencies and Corporations (DACs) must meet eligibility criteria and complete an application in order to receive City collection services.

City services include collection of garbage, recycling and organics. Customers must use Front- End Containers or Carts and the area where Containers or Carts are stored must be approved by a City of Toronto representative.

Please note: Construction/renovation waste is not collected by the City of Toronto and it is the responsibility of the School or DAC to dispose of these materials at their expense.

To receive City Collection services, you must be part of one of the following City DACs or School Boards:

  • Children’s Services
  • Economic Development & Culture
  • Emergency Medical Service
  • Long Term Care Homes & Services
  • Shelter Support & Housing Administration SSHA
  • Facilities Management
  • Golf Courses
  • Parks Forestry and Recreation (Community Centres, Golf Courses etc.)
  • Toronto Fire Services
  • Toronto Police Services
  • Toronto Animal Services
  • Toronto Public Health
  • Toronto Public Libraries
  • Toronto District School Board
  • Toronto Catholic District School Board