Drawing of Ontario’s First Parliament Buildings, 1796-1813, c1910 (City of Toronto Archives, Fonds 1231, Item 2076)
First Parliament Buildings in York, 1796, burned by Americans in 1813, 27th April / These buildings stood on Beverley St. (Front) E., on site of Gas W of 1846-64. / They were built of Brick with a corridor of wood in / the rear. — First buildings erected in York — See Heriot’s Travels
Jail, c1850, Frederic Victor Poole (Toronto Public Library)
Retort House, Station A, c1922 (City of Toronto Archives, Fonds 1034, Item 821)
Photo of Front Street, looking west from Parliament Street, Don Ritchie, 1973 (Toronto Public Library)
Present day aerial view of the first parliament site.