Fees & Set Out for Businesses
Protecting your privacy is top priority for the City of Toronto. You are seeing this alert because your web browser needs to be updated to access content on toronto.ca. You will need to download and install a more recent version of your web browser to use our website.
- Collection frequency is determined by the City.
- All fees for Garbage Bin subscription service and premium Green Bin organics service must be prepaid three months in advance.
- Commercial customers who receive curbside collection must purchase 95-gallon Garbage Bins and Blue Bins (recycling) and 35 or 26-gallon Green Bins (organics).
- Two weeks’ notice is required to cancel service.
|Front-End Container||per lift per Cubic yard (Un-Compacted)||$13.40|
|per lift per Cubic yard (Compacted)||$26.83|
|Organics||Once per week||No fee (included with collection services)|
|2 times per week||$386.98|
|5 times per week||$1,451.19|
|6 times per week||$1,934.91|
|Customer Type||Collection Type||Rate (per tonne)|
|Non-Residential||95 gallon garbage bin||$99.79|
|95 gallon recycling bin||$99.79|
|35 gallon organics bin||$64.57|
|26 gallon organics bin||$53.72|
Set Out Time
Daytime Collection: Place items out before 7 a.m.
Nighttime Collection: Place items out between 6 p.m. and 9 p.m.
Premium Green Bin Organics Service:
- 2 times/week – Regularly scheduled collection day + Saturday
- 5 times/week – Monday to Friday
- 6 times/week – Monday to Saturday
Set Out Instructions
- Place bags or bins as close to the street as possible and free of obstructions
- Containers must be clearly visible and accessible
- Ensure (0.5 metres) two feet between bins
- Never place items or bins behind or on snow banks
Note: Commercial customers registered with this program must purchase City of Toronto Garbage Bins or Garbage Tags (available online and at Toronto Shoppers Drug Mart and Canadian Tire stores) in order to receive waste collection.
Businesses must make their own arrangements for disposal or recycling of large furniture, appliances, electronic waste, yard waste and any hazardous waste.