Commercial Bag-only Annual Base Fee
Protecting your privacy is top priority for the City of Toronto. You are seeing this alert because your web browser needs to be updated to access content on toronto.ca. You will need to download and install a more recent version of your web browser to use our website.
As part of the 2017 Solid Waste Management Services Budget, Toronto City Council approved a new annual base fee for City of Toronto commercial bag-only (Garbage Tag) customers.
The fee was established to cover the cost of diversion programs, such as Blue Bin recycling and Green Bin organics, as the cost of Garbage Tags only covers the cost of garbage collection.
The 2018 fee is $273.52 and invoices were mailed to customers in February. All bills were sent to property owners, as beginning January 1, 2018, all commercial collection accounts were transferred from the commercial tenants to the property owners.
- Commercial bag-only customers are still required to purchase a Garbage Tag for each bag of garbage put out.
- Garbage Tags can be purchased online and at Toronto Canadian Tire and Shoppers Drug Mart stores.
- Each commercial tenant must have its own account and bins.
Ways to Pay
There are two ways to pay:
- Online via the Solid Waste Management Services Store
- By mailing a cheque payable to “The Treasurer, City of Toronto” to: City of Toronto, PPFA Revenue Services, Metro Hall 19th Floor, 55 John St., Toronto, ON M5V 3C6.
When to Contact Us
Please contact us by email or by phone at 416-392-9189 if:
- You received an invoice for the annual fee, but do not use City services (have private collection).
- The commercial property is vacant/out of business.
- You wish to opt out of City garbage collection for your commercial property.
In the above scenarios, the City will close your commercial account and cancel the bill.
If you wish to remain a City customer, but would like to switch to commercial garbage bins instead of using bags, please contact us by email or by phone at 416-392-9189.