Better Buildings Navigation & Support Services
Better Buildings Navigation & Support Services offers building owners, operators and property managers support navigating the process of improving the energy efficiency of their buildings. Investments in energy efficiency improve the value of a building while reducing its energy use, energy bills, and greenhouse gas emissions.
Better Buildings Navigation & Support Services can help you to:
- Identify potential energy efficiency projects
- Develop a business case for the opportunities identified
- Access incentives and financing
- Validate energy and cost savings to identify the return on your investment
Owners, operators and property managers of the following building types in Toronto are eligible to participate:
- Commercial, Retail and Industrial
- Multi-family Residential
- Condominium Buildings
- Hospitals and Long-Term Care
- Schools, Colleges and Universities
- Social Housing
Support for single-family homeowners is available through the City’s Home Energy Loan Program (HELP). Support for rental apartment building owners, operators and property managers is available through the City’s High-Rise Retrofit Improvement Support Program (Hi-RIS).
How to Participate
City staff will contact you to better understand your needs, identify next steps, and guide you through the process of improving the value and sustainability of your building.