Better Buildings Navigation & Support Services
Better Buildings Navigation & Support Services offers building owners, operators and property managers support navigating the process of improving the energy efficiency of their buildings. Investments in energy efficiency improve the value of a building while reducing its energy use, energy bills, and greenhouse gas emissions.
Better Buildings Navigation & Support Services can help you to:
- Identify potential energy efficiency projects
- Develop a business case for the opportunities identified
- Access incentives and financing
- Validate energy and cost savings to identify the return on your investment
Owners, operators and property managers of the following building types in Toronto are eligible to participate:
- Commercial, Retail and Industrial
- Multi-family Residential
- Condominium Buildings
- Hospitals and Long-Term Care
- Schools, Colleges and Universities
- Social Housing
Support for single-family homeowners is available through the City’s Home Energy Loan Program (HELP). Support for rental apartment building owners, operators and property managers is available through the City’s High-Rise Retrofit Improvement Support Program (Hi-RIS).
City staff will contact you to better understand your needs, identify next steps, and guide you through the process of improving the value and sustainability of your building.