Permitted Filming Activities During COVID-19
Filming activities permitted by the Province of Ontario to continue during the COVID-19 pandemic are restricted to commercial film and television productions, post-production, visual effects, animation, and supporting activities such as hair, makeup and wardrobe. Any filming activities not explicitly mentioned above are not permitted at this time.
Commercial film and television productions are defined as: professional enterprises whose purpose is to produce film or television content for commercial purposes, such as sale, licensing, or distribution for profit.
Film permit requests, production information, insurance certificates and park maps can be submitted through the web portal, FilmPal.
- You must complete the mandatory fields of the production information form to the best of your knowledge. Any blank non-mandatory fields can be entered at a later date with your assigned film permit coordinator.
- Once you submit your application(s), you will receive a receipt. If you have a receipt, your applications were received. Keep you receipt as proof of submission. You may also forward your receipt(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org or your assigned film permit coordinator (if known), as confirmation.
- You can submit your insurance anytime online by choosing your production from the drop-down list. Currently we accept JPG and PNG formats. If your certificate is in a different format, click the link at the top of the insurance page and attach it to the email.
- Using our map, confirm that the street name, type, direction and address are valid and entered correctly.
- The “Special Instructions” box can be used for scene description and impact on the streets/park/area. You may also provide such as laneway filming or if you are having difficulty with any other part of the submission process.
- Upload your letter when you fill out the application. Currently we accept JPG and PNG formats. If your letter is in a different format email it to email@example.com or your film permit coordinator.
- Revisions and changes cannot be made online at this time. Email your assigned film permit coordinator and/or firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not submit a revised application online.
- To apply for another location permit, do not submit a new production information form again. Find your production under the “existing Production” drop down. Select it, then apply for additional permits.