Bring your ESL class to the Archives to learn about the history of Toronto, and to help your students put into practice their listening and conversational skills.
- Advance booking is required. Please contact the Archives at 416-392-5561 or at firstname.lastname@example.org to book a program.
- The program is free and lasts one-and-a-half hours.
- Minimum group size is 10, maximum is 30.
- Tours are conducted by Archives staff, who are experienced in talking with English-language learners of all levels.
- The program can be adjusted to meet your class’s schedule or special needs.
- For students with children, a separate room can be booked where the children and the caregivers can stay while the class tours the building (maximum is 15 children and caregivers).
The Student Experience
During their visit, students will:
- see and talk about maps and photographs showing what the city looked like 100 years ago
- view and discuss photographs of immigrants to Toronto from a century ago
- discover, debate, and compare the living and working conditions of the rich and poor in Toronto