Facilities Management – Complaints & Compliments
Facilities Management Division provides facility management services for the City’s properties, including all civic centres/office buildings, meeting rooms and public access locations.
Feedback from our customers is critical to our success. We are committed to listening and improving our services and in treating our customers in an open, transparent and timely manner.
This complaint handling procedure is established to provide the public with clear steps to follow when making a complaint and to ensure each is handled fairly and efficiently.
- If your complaint is specific to Facilities Management, regarding City-owned facilities such as civic centres, meeting rooms, building signage, or construction, please call our helpline at 416-338-FRED(3733) or email to email@example.com with the information below. You can also contact Dominic Popowich, Program Manager – AEC at 416-397-0976 or by email.
- If you are not satisfied with the response from Stage 1, please contact Garry Ross, Director Civic Buildings at 416-338-0443 or by email.
Complaint Information and Timeline
- Please complete the Complaint Tracking Form or provide details such as:
- Contact information including full name of complainant, full address, telephone numbers and email address.
- Description of complaint, what happened, who was involved, dates and times, building address, service area or location of problem
- Include names of witnesses, photographs, and other pertinent information
- In each stage or step, we will handle your complaints confidentially, investigate and let you know the outcome within 15 business days.
- Outside investigators would be called for complaints that are of serious nature or impacts on the public.
Hours of Operation
Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. or please leave a message and your call will be returned within three business days.
In case you are not satisfied with the outcome received, please have copies of the original complaint and responses prior to escalation and follow these steps:
- Step 1: If you are not satisfied with the outcome received from the Director Civic Buildings (Stage 2), please contact Patrick Matozzo, Interim General Manager, Facilities Management at 416-392-9158 or by email.
- Step 2: If you are not satisfied with the outcome received from the Interim General Manager of Facilities Management (Step 1), please contact Josie Scioli, Deputy City Manager, Internal Corporate Services at 416-397-4156 or by email.
- Step 3: If you are not satisfied with the response received from Step 2, please contact the City Manager’s Office at 416-392-8102 or by email.
- Step 4: If you are still not satisfied with how your complaint was handled, you may escalate your complaint to the Office of the Ombudsman
All complaints will be logged and tracked from initial receipt throughout the entire process until the complaint is resolved.