The Affordable Housing Office’s mission is to enhance the health of Toronto’s people, neighbourhoods, environment and economy by promoting, managing and funding the creation of safe, affordable, rental and ownership housing.
This is accomplished by:
- working with private sector, community and government partners to support job creation through residential construction, resulting in new homes developed through construction, conversion and intensification of existing sites
- ensuring effective and efficient use of affordable housing funding made available by the federal and provincial governments in line with City priorities and other legislative and policy frameworks
- implementing Housing Opportunities Toronto – An Affordable Housing Action Plan 2010-2020.
The Office provides these services through three areas:
- new affordable housing development
- housing policies and partnerships
- housing improvement loans
- All emails will be acknowledged within 48 hours.
- Vacation or absence messages will be activated providing a co-worker’s name and contact information as backup while out of the office.
Telephone & Voicemail Standards
- All telephone calls (from both internal and external customers) will be returned within one business day or 24 hours where services operate on a 24 hour day cycle.
- Personal voicemail greetings will be courteous, give the caller as much information as possible and request callers to leave a detailed message.
- Voice mail boxes are cleared daily.
- Recorded vacation or absence messages will provide a co-worker’s name and phone number as backup while out of the office.
- Callers will be assisted and if needed, will be directed to the correct area. Callers will not be transferred to another voicemail box without being made aware. Customers calling the correct area will have their issue resolved by involving as few City staff as possible.