Policy, Planning, Finance & Administration – Customer Service Standards
Protecting your privacy is top priority for the City of Toronto. You are seeing this alert because your web browser needs to be updated to access content on toronto.ca. You will need to download and install a more recent version of your web browser to use our website.
We are committed to responding to our clients and fulfilling both corporate and divisionally-set customer service standards in order to assist our corporate partners to realize their customer service standards as well.
All emails will be acknowledged within two business days.
Provide a “Vacation” or “Out of Office” rule on individual email boxes, providing a co-worker’s name and contact information as a backup, if the employee is not at work.
All telephone calls will be returned within one business day.
Provide an “absence alert,” “vacation,” or “out of office” voice mail message, providing a co-worker’s name and contact information as a backup, if the employee is not at work.
All callers will be assisted wherever possible, even if they’ have called the wrong number. Callers will not be transferred to another phone number/voice mail box without being made aware and will be given a direct number to call in the event a call is dropped.
- Conduct regular meetings of the divisional Customer Service Improvement Team and provide work plans of this group, as requested.
- Make quarterly reviews of the PPFA intranet site to refresh material and ensure all content that is posted is still relevant.
- The Customer Service Improvement Team commits to monitoring these service levels and making amendments as required.
- Ensure PPFA’s Complaint Handling Guidelines are up-to-date on the corporate internet site.
- Update the corporate complaint tracking tool quarterly.