Purchasing & Materials Management
Protecting your privacy is top priority for the City of Toronto. You are seeing this alert because your web browser needs to be updated to access content on toronto.ca. You will need to download and install a more recent version of your web browser to use our website.
The Purchasing & Material Management Division partners with all City divisions, designated agencies and corporations in order to procure goods and services at the best value. Utilizing a fair and transparent procurement process, the division provides leadership, quality customer service and implements the highest standards of business ethics across the organization. The division is committed to ensuring the City of Toronto applies open, fair, equitable and accessible business processes.
The Purchasing & Material Management Division:
- develops policies, procedures and guidelines in the area of municipal procurement
- manages the Social Procurement Program to help diversify the City’s supply chain and to increase workforce development opportunities
- ensures quality and cost control regarding purchased goods and services
- educates and supports suppliers on doing business with the City
- manages the sale of obsolete or salvageable material
- supports the warehousing and distribution of goods
Chief Purchasing Officer