Toronto Public Health – Complaints & Compliments
Toronto Public Health’s Feedback and Complaints process is for concerns related to services provided by Toronto Public Health and is not intended for the submission of client requests for services. Here is how you can submit service requests:
- Food safety: You can submit your concerns through our DineSafe application or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Health hazards: call 416-338-7600 or email email@example.com
- Personal service settings: You can submit your concerns through our BodySafe application or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Other services: call 416-338-7600 or email email@example.com
Make a Complaint or Provide Feedback
A complaint may be made or feedback given in a number of ways:
- You can provide feedback in person at the time a service is provided
- You can contact the program directly where a quick response may be provided
- Contact the Toronto Public Health Complaints Officer.
- Call: 416-338-7600
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 416-338-8061, Attention Toronto Public Health Complaints Officer
Toronto Public Health Complaints Officer
277 Victoria St., 4th Floor
Providing negative feedback or making a complaint will not affect your services. We welcome feedback from the public. If your complaint is not resolved or if you are not satisfied with the resolution you can contact the Toronto Public Health Complaints Officer. You may also request that your complaint be moved to Stage 2 – an independent review.
Information to Provide
Toronto Public Health does not accept or investigate anonymous complaints.
- Your name
- Your address
- Your telephone number
- Your email address (optional)
- The program or name of the Toronto Public Health employee related to your complaint
- Details of your complaint
- Any action you would like us to take
Complaint Process Timelines
Making a complaint
All complaints must be made within 90 calendar days of the service being provided, or if the complainant is not aware of this time line, within 90 calendar days of receiving notice of the complaint procedure. This ensures that the individuals involved in your complaint are available to address your concerns.
The program staff involved will reply within 30 calendar days of receipt of the complaint. If this is not possible, you will be contacted and given a reason why this timeline is being adjusted.
Making a Complaint on Behalf of Someone Else
You can make a complaint on behalf of someone else, but we will need to know that you have received their permission first. We may want to contact them directly.
You may want to ask a relative or friend to help you, or you can contact Toronto Public Health at 416-338-7600 for assistance with the complaints process.
Record of Complaint
We will keep a record of your complaint and our response in the Complaints Office. The manager and any relevant staff responsible for the service your have received will be given details about your complaint.
The personal information you provide as part of your complaint is collected under the authority of the City of Toronto Act, 2006. The information you provide will be used to investigate the complaint, for quality assurance, and may be used for contact purposes. Questions about this collection can be directed to the Toronto Public Health Complaints Officer, 277 Victoria St., Toronto, ON, M5B 1W2, 416-338-7600.