Toronto Public Health Staff will:
- Respond to our clients, stakeholders, practitioners, media and the public in a timely manner according to the City’s established service response standards.
- All phone call inquiries and requests for service – respond by the end of the next business day.
- All email inquiries and requests for service – respond by the end of two business days.
- Emergency after hours: To report a public health emergency after hours and on statutory holidays, call 311 (416-392-2489) and ask for the on-call Public Health Manager.
- Provide services in a manner that is respectful, equitable and responsive to the range of diversity in the city, including race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation and disability.
- Respond to all client complaints. Toronto Public Health will act on complaints and requests and follow through to resolution.
- Provide multilingual information that is reflective of the city’s linguistic diversity.
- Critical information1 shall be translated using a professional translator into no less than the top 10 languages spoken at home as indicated by the latest census data available and French (with some exceptions).
- A member of the public can request to receive information about a critical service2 in any language. For such requests, the information shall be professionally translated within a reasonable timeframe.
- Ensure all public health web content is reviewed and updated regularly with the most recent evidence-based content available.
1Critical Information refers to information that will or may impact the health and safety of Toronto residents and/or communication about a long-term or sudden disruption of the City’s critical services. 2Critical services refer to City services that must be provided immediately without which, loss of life, infrastructure destruction, and/or significant loss of revenue may result. These services normally require resumption within 24 hours to ensure that the health, safety, security and economic well-being of Toronto residents is maintained.