Smart City TO
A Smart City goes beyond technology. At the City, we are on a journey of becoming smarter through the innovative use of data, technology and policies.
Our goal is to ensure that people are easily connected and included in our digital city. This could mean finding new ways for residents and businesses to improve navigating the city or accessing City Services or even engaging with their City government.
Here are some examples of how we’re using technology and data to improve connection and convenience:
- Better Transit Experience: Improving transit reliability, speed and capacity by trying out new ideas like the King Street Pilot
- Adjusting traffic signals to respond to real-time traffic patterns, like the Smart Traffic Signals
- Understanding your water use by day week, month or year through the MyWater Toronto app
- Search inspection results for more than 15,000 restaurants on the DineSafe map
- Using open data to help solve civic issues on Open Data