Daily Shelter & Overnight Service Usage
These statistics reflect the previous day’s activity across the shelter system. Statistics are as of 4 a.m. the following morning. They are posted daily during the week with weekend activity provided on Mondays.
To meet increasing demand for shelter, the City has been adding beds to existing programs, opening new shelter programs, and expanding motels and shelter services, mainly for families. The current system capacity is over 2,800 more beds than were available November 1, 2016, including 2,350 beds added since that time to motel programs, largely for families.
On Friday, November 29th, 100% of beds were made available.
|Shelter/Agency||Clients||Open Now||Future Capacity|
|St. Felix 24-hour Respite Program, 25 Augusta Ave.||All gender||50||50|
|Seaton House, 339 George St.||Male||100||100|
|Homes First Society, 5800 Yonge St.*||Single refugee claimants. All gender||200||200|
|City operated, hotel beds||All gender||84||84|
|Homes First Society, 545 Lake Shore Blvd.||Male||50||50|
*Client moves to 5800 Yonge Street have made the following beds available in the shelter system.
|Shelter||Male Vacancies||Female Vacancies|
|Homes First Society – 545 Lakeshore||8||10|
|Homes First Society – St. Clair||14||3|
|Homes First Society – 702 Kennedy||N/A||10|
|Dixon Hall – Heyworth House||0||9|
|Dixon Hall – School House||6||0|
|Salvation Army (Florence Booth)||N/A||9|
|Salvation Army (Evangeline’s)||N/A||12|
December 5, 2019
|Shelter Sector||Occupancy||Capacity||Occupancy Rate|
Figures show average nightly occupancy by month in all City of Toronto permanent shelter programs. Statistics are from the Shelter Management Information System which was in use throughout the system by Jan 2011.
Average nightly number of people served in Toronto’s emergency shelter system
December 5, 2019
- 24-hour Respite Sites: 459 individuals at seven sites.
- 351 Lakeshore East: 98. Capacity: 100.
- 1A Strachan Ave: 100. Capacity: 100.
- 323 Dundas Street: 35. Capacity: 35.
- 21 Park Road: 30. Capacity: 30.
- 705 Progress Avenue: 49. Capacity: 49.
- 25 Augusta Avenue: 47. Capacity: 50.
- 69 Fraser Avenue: 100. Capacity: 100.
- 24-hour Women’s Drop-ins: 112 individuals at two sites.
- Fred Victor: 57. Capacity: 70.
- Sistering: 55. Capacity: 50.
- Out of the Cold (OOTC) Sites: 92 individuals at two sites.
- First Interfaith & St Matthew’s: 57. Capacity 60.
- Holy Blossom Temple: 35. Capacity 45.
Information is intended to provide an overview of overnight activity for the date provided. The stats are as of 4 a.m. the following morning.