For everyone’s safety, including wildlife, please do not view, feed or interact with wild animals. Remember these tips:
- Do not approach wild animals or their nesting areas and dens
- Do not touch wild animals, even if they appear tame, sick or injured
- Never feed wild animals
- Keep dogs on leash and away from wild animals
Why you shouldn’t interact with wild animals?
- Wild animals can bite, scratch or injure people and pets
- Wild animals may transmit diseases, such as rabies, to people and pets
- Feeding wild animals increases their presence and causes them to lose their fear of people
- Feeding and disturbing wild animals is prohibited under City bylaws
If you see injured, sick or very young wildlife, call 311.