Feeding Baby with a Bottle
- makes sucking or soft sounds
- puts her hands in her mouth
- has more body movements
- makes sucking or licking movements with her mouth
When your baby is showing these early hunger cues and is still calm, it is time to feed your baby. Do not wait until your baby is too hungry and crying.
- looks sleepy and calm
- lets go of the nipple
- closes his mouth
- turns away from the bottle
- may still have small sucking movements, this is a reflex and does not mean your baby is hungry
If you see signs your baby is full, stop feeding. Do not put your baby to bed with a bottle. Holding your baby skin to skin before and after feeding is a great way to bond with each other.