Health & Safety Funding
Protecting your privacy is top priority for the City of Toronto. You are seeing this alert because your web browser needs to be updated to access content on toronto.ca. You will need to download and install a more recent version of your web browser to use our website.
Health & Safety funding is allocated to support current infrastructure and promote quality environments for children.
The Toronto Child Care Service Plan 2015 – 2019 includes a Child Care Capital Strategy which sets out principles and priorities for allocating capital funds.
Health and safety funding will be considered within the context of the Capital Strategy and will be allocated to support current infrastructure and promote quality environments for children. The level of funding available each year is approved by City Council and may vary from year to year.
Applications will be accepted from child care centres who have a service agreement with the City of Toronto
The application cycle for this funding is continuous to allow the City to respond to the child care community’s needs.
Applications will be accepted throughout the year. They will be reviewed quarterly with funding allocated in March, June, September and December.
- In the event of multiple Health and Safety projects at one location, operators must complete one application form for each project.
- Project funding level must be minimum $5,000 to a maximum of $50,000.
- Funding will not be approved for: air conditioning for shared space in schools; playground structures; artificial turf; and moving costs.
- A partial advance payment option will be considered where the agency demonstrates a need and meets the City’s criteria. A letter of request and copy of agency’s most recent monthly financial statement is required where agency is requesting an advance payment.
- A Children’s Services Consultant will visit the program to review completion of the project prior to approval for payment.
Download and complete the application.
Mail the completed application along with applicable supporting documents to:
Toronto Children’s Services
Metro Hall, 10th Floor
55 John Street
Toronto ON M5V 3C6
Attention: District Operations Support Staff
- Applicants will be notified once their request has been received.
- Approved requests will receive confirmation of a funding allocation.
- Payment will be processed once invoices and proof of payment are received and project completion has been verified.
- Payments will be issued by direct deposit only.