To learn more about the project, see the presentation material
from the Virtual Project Update Meeting held on July 7, 2021.
The City of Toronto is planning a number of improvements to O’Connor Drive, from Glenwood Crescent to Bermondsey Road that help to address basement flooding, pedestrian safety and streetscape. Once complete, this project will improve conditions for people walking and driving and better manage traffic flow. This Council-approved work was identified through the O’Connor Drive Avenue Study, conducted in 2012.
News & Updates
July 2021: Virtual Public Information Event
Virtual Public Information Event
A Virtual Project Update Meeting was held on July 7, 2021.
- New public plaza at O’Connor Drive & St.Clair Avenue East intersection
- Accessible pedestrian crossings with tactile plates
- Corner radii reductions to improve pedestrian safety
- Additional bike parking
- New sidewalks and curbs
Vehicular Traffic Improvements
- Improved layby parking
- Traffic signal updates
- Removal of the right-turn channel at O’Connor Drive & St. Clair Avenue East intersection to improve safety
- New asphalt on the roadway
- Planting of new trees along the boulevard
- Permeable pavers in laybys
- Improved stormwater management
- Planters with integrated seating
Underground Infrastructure Improvements
- Storm sewer replacement on O’Connor Drive and Bermondsey Road
Need assistance? While we aim to provide fully accessible content, there is no text alternative available for some of the content on this site. If you require alternate formats or need assistance understanding our maps, drawings or any other content, please contact Steven Ziegler at 416-392-2896 or firstname.lastname@example.org.