Tree Planting & Stewardship Events
Join us to plant trees, shrubs and wildflowers, and help grow Toronto’s urban forest. As a volunteer you will:
- Learn more about native trees, shrubs and invasive species
- Learn how to plant a tree
- Take part in environmental stewardship activities
- Meet new people, make new friendships and network within the community
- Gain experience, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Acquire documented volunteer hours (if requested)
How to Apply
Register in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your name
- Which event(s) from the calendar you would like to participate in
- Number of participants. Some events have limited capacity for groups with 10 or more people
If you’re interested in getting more involved in our events, check out the Tree Planting Captain Program.
Planting Day Tips for Volunteers
- Please wear comfortable clothing and sturdy closed-toe shoes that you don’t mind getting dirty. Some event sites can be muddy.
- Bring water in a reusable container you can take home with you. Help make this a litterless event!
- Remember to wear sunscreen.
- Gloves and shovels are provided.
- Plantings happen rain or shine but not in thunderstorms. Please dress for the weather.
Notice of Collection: The personal information on this form is collected under the legal authority of City of Toronto Act, S.O. 2006, Chapter 11, Schedule A, s. 136 (c). The information is used for City of Toronto publications/materials, including marketing and promotional materials, and the City of Toronto official website. Questions about this collection can be directed to the Natural Environment and Community Programs Office, 550 Bayview Avenue, Toronto Ontario M4W 3X8 or by email at email@example.com.