Do You Want to Quit Smoking Cigarettes?
We can help. Attend a free Smoking Treatment for Ontario Patients (STOP) cessation workshop presented by a Toronto Public Health Nurse to learn about:
- Cessation strategies – how to quit smoking
- Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) – the different types and how to use them
- Resources for quitting – eligible participants will receive free nicotine patches
See list of available workshops below.
- Register Online
- To register online you must have an email address
- For more information or if you would like assistance registering, call 416-338-7600 (select option 1)
|Date & Time||Location*|
|August 15, 2019
1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
|Learning Enrichment Foundation (LEF)|
|August 29, 2019
6 p.m. – 9 p.m.
|Swansea Village Cooperative Inc.|
*Location address and map below
|Learning Enrichment Foundation (LEF)||
116 Industry St.
(Black Creek Dr. and Trethewey Dr.)
|Swansea Village Cooperative Inc.||
85 Coe Hill Dr.
(Windermere Ave. and The Queensway)
In August 2011, the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care announced funding for the Pharmacy Smoking Cessation Program; pharmacists provide quit smoking counselling for people receiving the Ontario Drug Benefit.
In October 2012, the Ontario government gave pharmacists the authority to prescribe drugs to help people quit tobacco.
You can also speak to a quit coach at Smokers’ Helpline at 1-877-513-5333. Personalized telephone counselling is available in 100 languages.